Remember last week when I shared the recipe for Creamsicle Pie? I said that that fail inspired an even more amazing dessert that I would share soon. Well, it’s your lucky day, people. I bring you: No-Churn Strawberry Ice Cream.
Yeah. The creamiest, most delicious ice cream you’ve ever had — no ice cream maker, salt, mixing, shaking, nothing. Just mix it all together, stick it in the freezer and wait.
The waiting is the hardest part. By far.
I am so beside myself now that I know this technique. I love making ice cream, but I haven’t had great luck with ice cream makers in the past. I got this KitchenAid one for Christmas one year, and loved it the first couple of times I used it. Then it started leaking blue liquid all over my freezer, which is super awesome. I called KitchenAid, and they super helpfully sent another one at no charge. That one worked once and the same thing happened. So I gave up.
I’ve been wanting to get another one, but we don’t have a ton of storage space in our kitchen, so I’ve been hesitant to actually do it.
But now that I know this technique, I don’t think I have to.
I am so, so excited. I keep thinking of other flavors I want to try. I think the next one I do is going to have to be vanilla with chocolate chip cookie dough bits. But I’m thinking of so many other flavors too. I think this is going to be a very ice creamy summer!
You tell me: What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?
- 1 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 cup pureed strawberries
- 2 tsp vanilla bean paste (or pure vanilla extract)
- 2 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1. In a large bowl, mix together condensed milk, strawberries and vanilla bean paste until thoroughly combined. Fold in whipped topping.
- 2. Pour into an air-tight container and freeze for 6-8 hours, or overnight, until completely frozen.