Welcome to the 31 Days of Halloween, Day #10! If you missed any of the previous days, click here!
Get your Halloween party started with the fun Zombie Apocalypse Test Tube Shots!
Hi guys. I’m Julie from Bread Booze Bacon and I’m totally stoked to be guest posting for Jenn today! Since we’re going to be friends, you should know that I love love love Halloween! More than Christmas, more than my own birthday! It’s the best!! Costumes, candy, parties, decorations, scaring your friends, watching the kids run around trick-or-treating. LOVE!
Every year for Halloween I like to come up with a fun cocktail to serve our friends. Last year was all about unique jello shots, and this year I’m diving into test tube shots. I mean seriously…how many times have you been at a bar and the promo girls or cocktail waitresses come around with a tray of shots. This is totally the same mentality. Little shots to get the party going. And OMG are they good!
While these shots look a little weird with the bleeding color from the sugar and the liquid separation at the bottom of the test tube – which is the point – it’s filled with flavors you know and love. I combined amaretto and spicy chai latte for this cocktail for a fall cocktail you can’t beat. If you prefer regular chai latte, you can stay with amaretto or substitute in spiced rum. If you go with the rum, you’ll want to reduce the booze in each shot to 1/4 or 1/3 ounce and you’ll need to make a little more chai to balance everything out.
Scare up some fun at your Halloween party this year and wow your guests with these easy shots!
Hungry for More?
- 3/4 cup amaretto
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup spicy chai latte concentrate (I used Torani)
- Black sanding sugar
- 25 1-ounce plastic test tubes
- Test tube rack
- 1. Place a good layer of black sanding sugar in small ramekin or bowl. Rim the top edge of a test tube with amaretto, and immediately dip into the sanding sugar. Place the test tube into the test to rack to keep it upright. Repeat with the remaining test tubes.
- 2. Pour the amaretto into a measuring cup with a spouted edge. Carefully fill each test tube 1/2 full with amaretto (just eyeball it). In the same measuring cup, stir together the milk and chai latte concentrate. Carefully fill the test tubes until the cocktail is just below the edge of the test tube.
- There will be a little separation at the bottom of the shots and the black sugar will start to bleed into the shot giving it a grey, streaked look. Serve immediately.
- If you prefer to serve this shot in standard 2-ounce shot glasses instead, you'll get about 12 shots. Please note the sugar may not bleed into the cocktail in quite the same way.
For more fun, check out this amazing guide to whiskey!Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above may be affiliate links. Among others, we are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”