Welcome to the 31 Days of Halloween, Day #12! If you missed any of the previous days, click here!
Hey there, I’m Lesley, from The Lucky Pear. I am so excited to be apart of Endlessly Inspired’s 31 days of Halloween, and share this ghoulishly fun recipe with you.
So, what do you get when you combine cheese, jalapeños and bacon? Jalapeño Poppers, of course. Add Pillsbury crescent rolls to the mix, and you got yourself a crowd pleasing appetizer. These finger licking good Mummy Jalapeños are flaky on the outside and gooey on the inside. Every bite packed with bold spicy flavor, and creamy melted cheese. How could you resist?
Plus, look how cute they are! Almost too cute to eat… almost.
Jalapeño poppers are one of those things that seem like they’d be hard to make, but they’re so easy. Just mix up some cream cheese, shredded cheese, bacon and green onion and fill up your peppers.
Then just wrap some crescent roll dough around your peppers and bake them up. Pop on some candied eyes and you’re done!
This yummy mummy appetizer would be perfect for any Halloween party, or just because! Pair with your favorite cocktail (or mocktail) in these DIY Mummy Cups and you’re in for a freakish celebration! For more fun treats and DIY projects, stop by The Lucky Pear. Enjoy!
- 8oz whipped cream cheese
- 1 c shredded cheese (I used sharp cheddar)
- 10 jalapenos, halved and seeded
- 1/4 c cooked chopped bacon
- 1 green onion chopped
- 1/2 package of Pillsbury crescent rolls
- 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, shredded cheese, bacon and green onion. Using a tablespoon, fill each pepper with the cream cheese mixture, packing tightly.
- 2. Next, unroll the crescent rolls so you have 2 rectangles, a total of 4 triangles. With your fingers, gently seal the perforated seam. Take a rolling pin and roll each rectangle out. Then, with a pizza cutter, cut the dough into 10 long pieces.
- 3. Carefully stretch out the piece of dough, and wrap around the pepper leaving an opening for eyes. Continue to do this for all peppers. Place peppers on baking sheet and bake for approximately 10-12 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown. Place candied eyes in the opening and serve immediately!